Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Visit to Lexington Schools

Today I travelled to Lexington, Oklahoma to present two assemblies.  The first was for members of the Lexington High School and the second to Lexington Junior High School.  It was my first time to publicly speak and share my ideas about saying nothing negative about anyone.  It really gave me a new approach to take with the students on the topic of bullying.  It was a much more personal message and I spoke about my own experiences with this challenge.  The students were great and were really fun to work with.  The faculty was very encouraging when we spoke after the assemblies.  One teacher said she was going to make the "Say Nothing Negative Challenge" a writing assignment for her classes.  I really hope I get more opportunities to share this message with young people in the future.  Only positive words from me for Lexington Schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment