Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Wife Started My Truck!

I went into this resolution of saying nothing negative about anyone ever with three questions in mind:
1. Is it possible?
2. How will it change the way people react to me?
3. How will it change me?
I am here to give you an incredible report on the second question.
Yesterday morning I was running a little late.  As I emerged from the shower, threw on my clothes and prepared to dash out the door, my wife, still in bed with covers drawn up around her neck, sleepily announced "I started your truck".  It was VERY cold outside AND snowing!  My truck was outside!  This is a woman who LOVES a warm bed and snoozing and HATES cold.  This was her snooze time.  Her alarm hadn't even gone off yet, and when it did she would have to get herself and two kids ready for school, not to mention get two puppies outside to potty, get them fed and crated.  She started my truck?!?!?  What I am saying is that it appears there are rewards for being less snarky and negative.  Maybe when you change the way you react to life it changes the way life reacts to you?  I'd say the experiment just got very interesting.  This morning after my alarm went off I snuggled a little closer to my wife, she responded by saying "Get up, I'm not starting your truck every morning."  Ok, so maybe life still isn't a fairytale yet, but its only been a week so who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment