Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Second Weekly Meeting

Yesterday was the second weekly meeting of my support team.  We had plenty to talk about.  We discussed the Arizona tragedy and the national mood.  We discussed the idea of developing some material to assist others in taking a "Say Nothing Negative" challenge.  Most of all we discussed one of my favorite subjects, me.  It is really great of these three busy men to take time to help me in this process.  One interesting thing that happened during the course of the conversation is that each of them at some point defined their thoughts about the role of the support group.  Mike, the minister referred to the group as a sort of "divine influence".  James, the counselor at one point referred to the group as the "super ego".  Scott, the English professor kept talking about grading my progress.  Speaking of that, Scott has taken on a little project for the group.  He is going to develop a criteria to "quantify this process which is really more qualitative in nature."  He spoke of developing a rubric (Pronounced roo-brick).  I'm not sure I understand all of that, but I look forward to seeing what he comes up with and how we can apply it to this experiment.  I got a little nervous when Mike described the process I was going through as sanctification, but felt better when he said it just meant trying to become a better person.  Our meeting this time was at a restaurant that had free soft serve ice cream.  At the end of the meal Mike asked if I was staying away from the "stupid ice cream" so I wouldn't get a brain freeze again?  My sanctification process prevented me from answering.

No comments:

Post a Comment