Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Monday, January 17, 2011

School Assemblies and a Sermon

Time to bring you up to date on all the latest happenings.  I have "Anti-Bullying" assemblies scheduled for a Junior High and a High School next week and I am really looking forward to seeing how the kids react to my efforts to say nothing negative about anyone for a year.  I have been presenting anti-bullying assemblies in schools for years, but with this new experiment I really feel like I have something relevant and new to share with the students.  Yesterday was a very interesting Sunday for me.  Mike Smith, the minister on my support team delivered a sermon that involved telling the congregation about my efforts.  I can't ever recall being referred to from the pulpit as a GOOD example before!  After the service I got lots of pats on the back and a few friends in the church were grinning ear to ear anticipating the fun they will have this year baiting me and seeing if I can react without saying anything negative about anyone.  It was very apparent that they have known me for years and easily recognized that this task is out of character for me.  Lets just call their sly smiles brotherly love shall we? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dave
    I heard the sermon and hope that maybe some of this will rub off on me amd my relationships with others

    ReplyDelete