Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting Ready

Ok, I think this is really going to happen.  A team is being assembled to help me in this quest.  We have a meeting scheduled for 4:00 this afternoon.  A Minister- Mike Smith, A Licensed Professional Counselor- James Carter, and an English Professor- Scott Haywood.  All three have been selected for their specific area of expertise.  First the Minsister because I believe much guidance on this topic can be found in th Bible.  I know it has a lot to say about the wisdom of holding one's tongue and the power of words.  Next the Licensed Professional Counselor.  I think the need for this kind of help is pretty obvious.  I can't even imagine the kind of strain this might put on my family, not to mention my own sanity.  The counselor is there to assist with any conflicts or problems that might arise and to also make observations from a professional standpoint.  Lastly the English Professor is on the team because when you get right down to it this whole experiment is going to hinge on what really constitutes a negative statement about someone?  Where is the line between constructive observation and negative input?  Even what is communication?  Is it only words or does it also involve physical language like rolling the eyes?  I am looking forward to my first meeting with the team, but I am also becoming a little alarmed that this is real.  I wonder what will be the impact on my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment