Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The First Meeting

The meeting with my support team of professionals went very well.  We met in the Pastor's office and talked for over an hour.  It was very interesting to hear the three different perspectives on the idea of saying nothing negative.  We questioned whether it was possible, whether it was healthy or wise, and we questioned the nature of negative statements in general.  Towards the end of the meeting I asked all three men if they thought I should go forward with my plan?  The mental health worker said it would be an interesting experiment into human behavior.  The english professor said it would be an interesting examination of intrapersonal communication and indicated he might have a college class follow the blog as a discussion starter.  The minister said I was placing myself in a position of ministry by being public about my efforts.  I would say their comments were the most interesting thing about the meeting.  Each of these men, all in different fields, have embraced this experiment from different perspectives.  Each has a unique view based on their own lifes that have led them to their current positions.  I am grateful to have them as friends and as a support group as I prepare to take this journey.  I honestly don't think I would attempt it without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment