Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Positive Comedy

I haven't written in a while.  We have gone through a whole realignment at the office with my assistant of 5 years leaving for a new job and hiring of two new employees.  It was of course an emotional time of change, but it all worked out, and for the most part I remained positive!  I cannot say I was perfect, but I can tell you that this pledge really helped me.  It wasn't that anyone was being negative or that I wanted to say anything negative ABOUT anyone, but any time of change brings with it uncertainty and fear.  At least for me it is tempting to become negative in response to situations that are beyond my control.  I instead chose a path of reaching out for help.  Help from other people and help from God to give me calm times of faith and peace instead of worry.  OK, so anyway as I said everything has worked out very well and tonight was a LOT of fun.  I was a speaker at a celebrity roast of our local Chamber of Commerce Director, Rich Cantillon.  Of course having taken a pledge to say nothing negative about anyone does offer it's challenges when you are supposed to be doing comedy at a roast.  Thankfully Rich is well known for being a very positive person, so I was able to talk about that.  I think my comedy was enjoyed AND I didn't say anything negative.  I hope to get back to writing more often now and I'm looking forward to seeing my support group again tomorrow for our weekly meeting.  I'll report on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment