Dave Saying Nothing Negative

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Busy, Blessed, and Bushed

Wow what a week.  Didn't get any blogging done.  100 kids in "Disney's Alice in Wonderland Junior" opening here at the theatre in 30 minutes!  Blizzard canceled a couple of rehearsals and delayed opening night.  I am doing lights for the production.  My wife is the Director, my daughter is the Stage Manager and my son is one of the 100 actors.  On top of the play this week was deadline for some very big grants for the theatre.  So grants, blizzard, 100 kid show all in one week is certainly enough to test one's resolve to say nothing negative about anyone!  So how did I do?  Not perfect I'll tell you that.  But, I did do so much better than I would have done without this resolution.  I can truly see how it helped change my mood and how it helped those around me.  Best of all, I got to meet with my 3 man support team for lunch on Friday and I spent about an hour unloading all of my stress on them (in a positive way).  It really helped.  Now here it is opening night.  The kids are all excited, the parents are happy, the theatre is filling up and I haven't bitten any heads off.  Hopefully I will be able to write more next week.  The main point I wanted to leave you with tonight is that this is working and it is beautiful.  I should have thought of it years ago.  Well got to run, the curtain is going up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment